Introductions

 Hello, I'm Amber and I've entered midlife. Psychology today defines midlife as, "Midlife or Middle Age is that transitional period of life between young adulthood and old age.  Middle-aged people often undergo significant changes in their relationships, jobs and health and their appearance."  Wikipedia boldly states that midlife is typically applied to, "those between the ages of 40-65."  

I am a wife, and I am a mother of two teen boys and a very mature tween girl. I've had a fruitful career.  I've traveled the world.  I've learned what is and isn't important to me.  Now it's time to pivot.  My emotions are shifting, my body is changing in ways I don't know how to comprehend, i'm now planning my future with just my husband and I for the day my last child leaves our nest.  

I've been blogging since 2001although its been very sporadic over the last 5 years.  Pre-kids I blogged about my life in Los Angeles with my husband and two dogs.  And as most things, kiddos arrived and my blogged shifted into my life as a parent.  My kids are older now.  Their lives are that, their lives, not mine to share with all who choose to read my words.  I knew it was time to start another blog that didn't include my mom life.  Blogging may not be the cool thing anymore but i've found that putting words to "paper" is so therapeutic for me.  I can share my feelings, and thoughts in ways that is hard for me to verbalize. 

I was blindsided by the force of midlife and all of its ups and downs. It all hit me at peak pandemic quarantine! So here I am with a new blog to unload and share.  


Comments